Discovering where your treasure is has a lot to do with your heart attitude towards things and people. What is the attitude of your heart? Checking your attitude makes the discovery of kingdom treasure less complicated. Here are five simple steps I have found to be helpful:
1) Decide each day at the beginning of the day to look for ways to see God through people, circumstances, and even challenges and then at the end of the day, look back to count those that connected you to God’s kingdom
2) Listen to promptings from the Holy Spirit that invite you to correct your attitude, if needed
3) Thank God for the many blessings in your life … make a list and count them. Gratitude can make a difference!
4) Work at being aware of others around you and reach out to them in whatever ways you can … even a smile can be treasure to someone
5) Think of ways to simplify your life to free you to engage more in volunteering your gifts and talents in service to others
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” – Matthew 6:19-21.
- Judi Brandow, Communications Specialist