Children & Families
This ministry exists to partner with parents and caregivers to help children learn how to begin and develop a relationship with Jesus, and to lay the foundation for a missional lifestyle while nurturing the relationship of children and their families. Read more about our vision for this ministry.
Nursery – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Children birth through 3 years are nurtured in the love of Jesus in a safe, loving environment. Toddlers will learn about Jesus through movement and fun. They will learn songs and discover Bible truths through intentional play. For more information, contact Dee Ann Lord.
Sunday Children and Preteen Classes – 10 a.m. service
New this year: Kids will start off in the sanctuary with their families. This allows families to enjoy worship music together. Before the sermon begins, kids will be dismissed to their groups for their age-appropriate lessons and activities. Kids return for Communion and will then take a seat with their families to close the service.
Classes for three age groups:
- Pre/Kind — Upstairs Classroom 2
- Grades 1-2-3 – Upstairs Classroom 2
These two age groups will start their time together and then split into their specific age groups for some of the activities. The theme of this year is “Discipleship”. Kids will explore what it means to have a lifelong relationship with God. As they explore God’s character throughout the Bible, kids will discover what it means to reflect the heart of God in everyday life.
- Grades 4-5-6 – Upstairs Classroom 1
This age group will use a new curriculum called D6. In addition to the group time on Sunday mornings, we will be intentional about empowering parents to live out the story of Deuteronomy 6 with their families. This will include weekly ‘Splinks’, regular family service project opportunities and a monthly family lunch gathering right after the 10:00 service. Program runs from September to May. For more information, contact Dee Ann Lord.
FAITH Milestones are significant events in the lives of children, youth and families that celebrate and nurture faith development. Faith formation is a life-long journey. By celebrating milestones along the way, we recognize how God is always present in our lives, equip families to practice their faith at home and encourage engagement in our community.
- Baptism – Parents who wish to have their child baptized are encouraged to visit with Pastor Jane.
- First Bible – One of our responsibilities as parents raising a child in the Christian faith is to place God’s Word in their hands. As your faith community we would like to help you in this endeavor. Be watching for our next First Bible opportunity for all families with children 1st – 6th grade. First Bible includes a blessing of the Bibles to be given to your child/children and family Bible activities.
- First Communion Workshop – Celebrating communion is a part of our weekly gathering, and we encourage families with children first grade or older to join us for a morning of discovery and learning together to prepare children for taking part in this important gift Jesus gave. First communion workshops happen once or twice a year.
Kids Camp happens July 15-19, 2019. The theme is “Roar – Life is Wild, God is Good.” Each day, kids participate in small groups as well as having large group experience. For kids 4 years of age through those entering 6th grade.
Kids Camp is filled with unforgettable Bible-learning experiences. Kids will see, hear, touch, and even taste! Plus, hands-on service projects and mission work. For more information, contact Dee Ann Lord. Registration is open!
Rainbow Trail Lutheran Summer Camp
Parents, grandparents, youth, and kids! You don’t want to miss an outdoor camp experience at Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp. Summer Registration opens November 1st. Watch for camp dates and then Register online! Register for whatever week best fits your family’s schedule.
South Table Mountain Preschool
During the school year, Faith Lutheran Church operates South Table Mountain Preschool, a faith-based learning environment for children ages 2½ to 5. The program is designed to develop the whole child’s spiritual, socio-emotional, cognitive, and physical needs. Individuality and learning styles are honored and nurtured through play, exploration, and child-initiated and teacher-directed activities. For more information, visit the South Table Mountain Preschool website.